We strongly believe in the valuable role that volunteers play in transforming the lives of our community members. As little as 2 – 10 hours per month is all it takes to have a positive impact on an individual’s life.
NICA provides volunteer service opportunities for groups, families, and people of nearly every age. We have flexible schedules available weekdays on Tuesday through Friday and Saturday morning. Other times are by appointment. These opportunities are suitable for a church, Sunday school class, business, work team, civic group, or other organization from the community. On-the-job training is also provided. These opportunities include:
- Attendance for ESL class and other programs for data entry
- Pick up food from the food bank
A volunteer with a truck would have a great time picking up food from the food bank for NICA. Duties: Meet at scheduled times to pick up food and deliver it to NICA. We can provide help for loading and unloading, so lifting is not required. Hours: Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday mornings
- Servicing clients who our Food Pantry services on a day-to-day basis
- Organizing and Cleaning
Thrift Store Assistants: Our Thrift Store needs a couple of people to help keep the store open longer hours. Great for a group of 2 – 4 friends! Duties: include making visitors feel welcome, helping clients find sizes, recording sales, recording donations of clothing, sorting clothing, thanking donors. Hours: 12:00pm–3:00pm one day per week
- Deliver Food
- Minor home repairs
- Yard work
- Volunteer every second & third Saturday of each month (Senior Saturdays)
- Project Manager:
Support our Senior Maintenance program by supervising other volunteers in performing small home maintenance tasks to help seniors to support a safe and healthy environment in their homes. Duties: Assess requirements of home maintenance job, purchase materials, instruct other volunteers in completing the task. Hours: Hours and days vary according to volunteer schedules. Put a smile on the face of a senior in need!
Youth Mentoring- Circle of Winners Program:
- Prepare breakfast for community leaders
- Mentor high school youth as they tutor children in after school programs
- Collect food, hygiene items, coats, blankets, books, furniture, clothing
- Take cardboard to recycling center
- Donate school supplies, socks, and underwear for Back to School Clothing Program
If you would like to expedite your check-in process, please fill out, print and bring in the Volunteer Form with you on your visit.
Click to download Word document:
General Volunteering Hours
Closed Sun & Mon